On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Vegas
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Zombies
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Beast, Crazyweed Kitchen, Beer Revolution
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Aaron Craze serves succulent Gressingham duck in a sweet-savoury sauce with honey-roasted roots
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4. Score the duck skin gently and put skin-side down into a cold ovenproof frying pan.
2. Cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes when the duck will begin to colour. Transfer to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked to your liking.
3. Remove the duck from the oven and turn the oven temperature up to 200C/ gas 6.
4. Quarter the (unpeeled) parsnip, put it in a small saucepan of milk and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and discard the milk.
5. Transfer the parsnip to a roasting tin with the honey, 2 sprigs of rosemary and 20g of the butter. Season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
6. To make the sauce, the remaining butter without colouring it. Pour in the Vin Santo and flambé. Stir in the pomegranate seeds and remove the pan from the heat.
7. Put the parsnips on a plate, cut the duck lengthways and arrange on top. Pour over the sauce and garnish the plate with the remaining rosemary, watercress and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.