Herrings with crushed potatoes
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
A zesty herb dressing brightens up Jun Tanaka's meal for one
For the potatoes
- 1 handfuls waxy potatoes, peeled
- 1 small handfuls spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the herring
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the potatoes: boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and add the spring onions and a splash of red wine vinegar. Crush roughly with a fork.
2. For the herring: dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a small frying pan. Crush with the garlic and a pinch of salt using a pestle and mortar. Add the lemon zest and juice, the coriander, mint, a pinch of smoked paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix together.
3. Season the herring fillets with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, lightly fry the herring skin-side down in a little olive oil. When the edges of the herring fillets become golden turn and fry for a few seconds on the other side.
4. To serve, spoon the crushed the potatoes onto a plate. Put the herring fillets on top and spoon over the herb dressing.