On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Baking It
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Dim Sum
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg - Cost
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
A zesty herb dressing brightens up Jun Tanaka's meal for one
Method1. For the potatoes: boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and add the spring onions and a splash of red wine vinegar. Crush roughly with a fork.
2. For the herring: dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a small frying pan. Crush with the garlic and a pinch of salt using a pestle and mortar. Add the lemon zest and juice, the coriander, mint, a pinch of smoked paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix together.
3. Season the herring fillets with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, lightly fry the herring skin-side down in a little olive oil. When the edges of the herring fillets become golden turn and fry for a few seconds on the other side.
4. To serve, spoon the crushed the potatoes onto a plate. Put the herring fillets on top and spoon over the herb dressing.
For the potatoes
- 1 handfuls waxy potatoes, peeled
- 1 small handfuls spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the herring