Lobster and scallop Carpaccio with vanilla ginger
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Michael Moore uses delicate flavours to enhance the seafood in this elegant dish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cook the lobster for 8-12 minutes in boiling water, then refresh in a bowl of iced water.
2. Remove the meat from the shell and slice the tail into thin medallions. Marinate the medallions in a mixture of the oil, vanilla and ginger.
3. Meanwhile, cook the parsnips in a little water until soft. Purée.
4. Cook the peas for 30 seconds in boiling water then refresh in ice water. Add double cream then purée and pass through a fine sieve.
5. Mix together the honey, lemon juice, truffle oil and a little seasoning. Slice the scallops thinly and place in the lemon mix for 20-25 seconds. Remove.
6. Put a little parsnip purée and pea purée on the plates. Arrange the lobster medallions and scallop slices on top. Sprinkle over the cress and garnish with a little squid ink. Serve.