On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Plum Compote, Waldorf Salad and Flapjacks
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Paris
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus chilling
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Fish pate has never been easier than this smoky version from Matt Tebbutt
Method1. Roughly flake the mackerel into a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, the dill and the sour cream. Using a fork, roughly mix and beat the mixture. Season with pepper.
2. Melt a large knob of butter in a pan, keeping it moving at all times as you don't want the butter to split.
3. Fill 2 ramekins with the mackerel mixture, flatten and leave a small space for the butter. Pour the hot butter over the mackerel until the ramekins are full. Chill until the butter has set.
4. Serve in the ramekins with thin slices of grilled toast.