On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Christmas pudding like you've never tried before, from Matthew Fort
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put an oven tray filled with 3cm hot water in the oven. Grease two individual soufflé dishes with the melted butter.
2. Put the Christmas pudding into a processor and whiz to break it up. Leave it in the food processor.
3. Bring the milk to the boil, then add to the pudding, whizzing until mixed in. Add the egg yolks one by one, whizzing them in, too.
4. Beat all 8 egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, and fold this airy mass into the pudding mixture. Spoon the lot into the soufflé dishes or ramekins.
5. Put the dishes in the roasting pan of water and bake for 40 minutes – keep an eye on them as you don't want to burn the top too much. Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream or brandy butter.