Sea bass with rock salt crust
By: From: James Martin's Favourite Feasts
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Wow your guests by removing the blanket of salt and serving the fish at the dinner table
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Pour the sea salt into a large bowl and add the rosemary, thyme and lemon zest.
3. Whisk together the egg whites with equal quantities of cold water to make a foam. Add enough of the egg foam to the salt to lightly coat it.
4. Cut the lemons into thick slices and put inside the cavity of the sea bass.
5. Take a deep roasting tin and put a decent layer of the salt on the bottom. Put the sea bass on top of the layer and pour the rest of the salt on top of it. Make sure all the fish is covered by patting it all over.
6. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
7. Take the fish out of the oven and use a knife to lift away the salt crust. Serve with a niçoise salad.