On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min, plus cooling
James Martin's whole salmon makes an impressive centre piece for any celebration
Method1. Put the salmon in a fish kettle or large roasting tin. Pour over enough cold water to cover the fish. Add the onion, bay leaves, vinegar, lemon, a good pinch of salt and a few twists of black pepper.
2. Cover with a lid or tin foil and bring to the boil on the stove. Once boiling, turn off the heat and leave to stand in the water until cool. It will cook in the residual heat.
3. Carefully remove the salmon and transfer to a chopping board. Scrape off the skin and put onto a large flat serving dish. Serve with mayonnaise, dill and lemon wedges.