On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Baltimore
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Pennsylvania
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
A ready-prepared béarnaise sauce is tarted up with tarragon and served with rib steak in Gary Rhodes' steak supper
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste and heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof pan or roasting tin. Add the beef to the pan and fry until golden-brown on both sides.
3. Transfer the beef to the hot oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4. When the beef is cooked, cover with aluminium foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 5-8 minutes.
5. Mix together the tarragon, lemon juice and béarnaise sauce.
6. Serve the steaks hot with the béarnaise sauce and watercress on the side.