On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Summer Pleasures
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
A ready-prepared béarnaise sauce is tarted up with tarragon and served with rib steak in Gary Rhodes' steak supper
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste and heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof pan or roasting tin. Add the beef to the pan and fry until golden-brown on both sides.
3. Transfer the beef to the hot oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4. When the beef is cooked, cover with aluminium foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 5-8 minutes.
5. Mix together the tarragon, lemon juice and béarnaise sauce.
6. Serve the steaks hot with the béarnaise sauce and watercress on the side.