Lemongrass and lime chicken burgers
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 30 mins chilling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
East meets West with Bill Granger's Vietnamese twist on chicken burgers with a slaw that packs a punch - perfect for a weekend lunch
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalks lemongrass
- 400 g minced chicken
- 60 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- light-flavoured oil, such as rapeseed, for brushing
- soft rolls
- fresh mint and coriander leaves
- chilli sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Peel and finely grate the onion and peel and crush the garlic. Finely chop the white part of the lemongrass, then place with the chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander, lime zest, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl and mix together well with your hands. Shape into 4 patties, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a barbecue or grill pan and brush the burgers with a little oil. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Serve the burgers on soft rolls with lettuce, mint, coriander, chilli sauce and mayonnaise.