On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Potatoes and Veg
- 20:30 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Puddings
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 30 mins chilling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
East meets West with Bill Granger's Vietnamese twist on chicken burgers with a slaw that packs a punch - perfect for a weekend lunch
Method1. Peel and finely grate the onion and peel and crush the garlic. Finely chop the white part of the lemongrass, then place with the chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander, lime zest, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl and mix together well with your hands. Shape into 4 patties, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a barbecue or grill pan and brush the burgers with a little oil. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Serve the burgers on soft rolls with lettuce, mint, coriander, chilli sauce and mayonnaise.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalks lemongrass
- 400 g minced chicken
- 60 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- light-flavoured oil, such as rapeseed, for brushing
- soft rolls
- fresh mint and coriander leaves
- chilli sauce