On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Plum Compote, Waldorf Salad and Flapjacks
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Paris
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
What better way to start the morning than with Eleanor Smallwood's soft boiled eggs and buttery toast soldiers?
Method1. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Carefully lower in the eggs and simmer for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the eggs in the water for another 15 seconds before removing with a slotted spoon.
2. Meanwhile, toast the bread, butter generously and slice into fat fingers.
3. Cut the tops off the eggs and eat with the buttery toast soldiers and a little salt.