On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Kids and adults alike will love Tana Ramsay's traditional Halloween apples coated in delectable sweet toffee
Method1. Combine the sugar and water in a pan and stir for 10 minutes over a moderate heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Stir in the vinegar, syrup and butter, then bring to the boil. Let it bubble gently for 15-20 minutes until it resembles a treacly syrup - a good way to test this is to drop a little into a bowl of water; if it is ready, it will form a hard ball.
3. Push a lolly stick firmly into the base of each apple. Dip each one in turn into the hot toffee, turning to ensure it is evenly coated, then place top-side down onto a lightly greased tray to cool and set.
4. Once set - and if you are not eating them straightaway - you can wrap the toffee apples with brightly coloured cellophane and tie with ribbon.