Breast of lamb st ménéhoulde
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 3 hrs 25 min
Matthew Fort recreates an original Elizabeth David recipe using a much-neglected but tasty cut of meat
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/ gas 3.
2. Sit the breasts of lamb in a large casserole dish (cut in half, if necessary) on top of the vegetables, peppercorns and bay leaves. Cover with about a litre of water and cook in the oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours until very tender.
3. Leave the breasts to cool in the liquid. The fat will float to the top and solidify. Remove the bones.
4. Turn the oven up to 200C/ gas 6.
5. Spread the mustard all over the top of the lamb breasts and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Put on a baking tray in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Slide under the grill if necessary to make the breadcrumbs crunchy. Slice into fingers and serve with fried potatoes and salad.