On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Apples
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Winter Vegetables
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Gary Rhodes serves up a sausage feast with onion gravy and mashed potatoes
Method1. For the mashed potatoes: boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water until tender - about 15-20 minutes. Drain well and mash with a ricer or potato masher until smooth, adding butter to taste. Keep warm.
2. For the sausages and onion gravy: heat a tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and add the sausages, frying them until golden-brown all over and cooked all the way through. Keep the sausages warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, heat the remaining oil, tip in the onions and cook over a low heat until caramelised.
4. Add the beef consommé and sugar and cook until reduced by half.
5. Serve the mashed potatoes dotted with two sausages per person and with the onion gravy poured over.
Made with produce from Berkins Butchers - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.