On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Amalfi
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Grow Your Own
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Royal smoked salmon, gravalax and beetroot smoked salmon are served with three salads in this smart starter by Gary Rhodes
Method1. For the potato salad: boil the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender - about 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
2. When the potatoes have cooled slightly, but are still slightly warm, combine the potatoes with the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. For the asparagus and watercress salad: blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain well and then plunge into a bowl of ice cold water to cool. Drain again.
4. Combine the drained asparagus with the watercress and the remaining salad ingredients. Set aside.
5. For the fennel salad: combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
6. Arrange a slice of each type of salmon on each of four starter plates. Put a spoonful of each salad on the plate alongside the trio of salmon. Serve.
Made with produce from Forman and Field - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
For the potato salad
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 4 spring onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
For the asparagus and watercress salad
For the fennel salad
For the salmon