On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers - Teatime Treats
- 20:30 - The Hairy Bakers - Pies and Pasties
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 3
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes 1.5kg
Winner of the Taste Awards 2007, Helen Eastwood shares the recipe for her award-winning fudge
Method1. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil on a high heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly, until it reaches 115C on a sugar thermometer.
2. Pour into a mixing bowl and leave for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Whisk until the sugar crystallizes turning the mixture from toffee to fudge. It will look matt and a little grainy.
3. Spoon into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper to cool and set. Cut into cubes after about an hour and put on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Looking for more inspiration? Have a look at our Best ever fudge recipes.