Bang bang chicken
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
Submitted by: LauranceX
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- 4 children
Tana Ramsay's sticky starter with peanut coated chicken and crunchy vegetables is a children's favourite
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Tana poaches her chicken breasts in simmering water or chicken stock for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- 250 g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long shreds
- 3 spring onions, cut into long shreds
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cut into long shreds
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Spoon the peanut butter into a heatproof bowl, add 2 tablespoons water, the chilli sauce and both oils and stir through. Sit the bowl over a pan of boiling water, as it warms it will soften to a pouring consistency.
2. Shred the chicken breasts and set aside.
3. Put all the vegetables in a bowl and stir through the rice vinegar. Arrange on a serving plate, put the shredded chicken on top and spoon over the peanut sauce generously. Finish by sprinkling over the sesame seeds.