On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Cocktail Party
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - Lunch
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 4
Submitted by: LauranceX
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- 4 children
Tana Ramsay's sticky starter with peanut coated chicken and crunchy vegetables is a children's favourite
Method1. Spoon the peanut butter into a heatproof bowl, add 2 tablespoons water, the chilli sauce and both oils and stir through. Sit the bowl over a pan of boiling water, as it warms it will soften to a pouring consistency.
2. Shred the chicken breasts and set aside.
3. Put all the vegetables in a bowl and stir through the rice vinegar. Arrange on a serving plate, put the shredded chicken on top and spoon over the peanut sauce generously. Finish by sprinkling over the sesame seeds.
- 250 g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long shreds
- 3 spring onions, cut into long shreds
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cut into long shreds
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
Tips and suggestions
- Tana poaches her chicken breasts in simmering water or chicken stock for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.