On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus draining overnight and freezing
Just three ingredients make up this nutty frozen dessert or mid-course palate cleanser from Diana Henry
Method1. Put the almonds, sugar and the water in a blender and process until as smooth as possible.
2. Pour the resulting almond milk into a large sieve lined with a clean J-cloth or muslin set over a bowl. Leave to drip overnight. Help it along every so often by gripping the cloth and squeezing the liquid through. Squeeze as much liquid as you can from the almonds.
3. Pour into a shallow container and freeze, roughly forking the crystals 4 or 5 times during the freezing process. Serve.
- 250 g blanched almonds
- 600 ml water
- 125 g caster sugar