Gazpacho andaluz with iced Cornish crab
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 12 hrs to marinate
Perfect for balmy summer evenings, try Mark Broadbent classic Spanish chilled soup served with fresh crab and crushed ice
- 20 vine tomatoes, over-ripe and roughly chopped
- 2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20 piquillo wood-roast peppers, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stale ciabatta bread, crust removed, cut into small chunks
- 300 ml tomato passata, or rich tomato juice
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 generous tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 large cock crab, cooked
- still mineral water, as necessary
- salt and black pepper, to taste
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, peppers, garlic, ciabatta, passata, chilli, olive oil, sherry vinegar and allow the flavours to marinate together for 12 hours.
2. Take the crab and crack it open. Separate the brown meat and juices and the white meat, and check both thoroughly for any bits of shell.
3. Combine the gazpacho mixture in a blender, adding the brown crab and juices, and adding the still mineral water to reach your preferred consistency. Check the seasoning and pass through a conical strainer.
4. Serve with a little crushed ice, croutons, cucumber dice, the fresh white crab meat, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of parsley.