Strawberry, clotted cream and rose petal sandwiches
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- makes 12 finger sandwiches
Strawberries and cream make a dreamy summer filling for Diana Henry's dainty finger sandwiches
- 8 slices brioche
- 8 tbsp clotted cream
- 250 g strawberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- scented rose petals, unsprayed
- icing sugar, for dusting
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Spread each slice of brioche with clotted cream - be generous and use it all.
2. Cut the strawberries into slices the thickness of a 50p piece and cover 4 of the brioche slices with these, sprinkling over a little caster sugar on as you go.
3. Pinch out and discard the bitter yellow part of the rose petal (the part that was nearest to the flower's centre). Tear them if they are big and keep some back for decoration. Put the rest on top of the strawberries, and put the other brioche slices on top to make sandwiches.
4. Cut each sandwich into three fingers and dust with icing sugar. Pile on a plate and scatter with rose petals.