Caramelised peaches with mascarpone
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Angela Hartnett prepares a simple but delicious Italian dessert of glazed peaches with honey-flavoured mascarpone and amaretto
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Stir the mascarpone vigorously in a small bowl to make it smooth, add honey to taste and stir until evenly combined. Set aside.
3. Heat a heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Sprinkle the sugar in an even layer over the base of the pan and heat until it forms a light caramel, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the butter, swirling the caramel around in the pan until all the butter has melted.
4. Add the peaches to the pan and turn them to coat in the caramel, then return the pan to a low heat and cook gently for about 10 minutes until the peaches just start to catch in the pan. Deglaze the pan with the liqueur.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 4 minutes to finish off. Serve the peaches hot with the juices from the pan, and the mascarpone.