By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - And They All Lived Happily Ever After...
- 22:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Lights, Camera, Action!
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Tom Parker Bowles presents a traditional British summer dessert of fruit smothered in rich vanilla custard and cream
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Top and tail the gooseberries and put them in a saucepan with the elderflower cordial. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently until soft and pulpy - about 30 minutes. Leave to cool before transferring to a serving dish.
2. Heat the milk in a saucepan with the vanilla pod until almost at the boil.
3. Beat the egg yolks, arrowroot and sugar together in a bowl and pour the hot milk in, mix well and return the mixture to the pan. Remove the vanilla pod and heat the custard gently until it thickens, taking care not to boil it. Pour into a clean bowl and leave to cool.
4. When the custard is completely cool, pour it over the gooseberries and stir in the whipped cream. Divide between individual bowls and serve with brandy snap biscuits.