Asparagus with pancetta and poached egg
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 2 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Arthur Potts Dawson makes a deceptively simple but delicious dish with new season asparagus
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add pancetta and fry until crispy.
3. Meanwhile bring another pan of water up to simmering point add the vinegar and carefully break in the eggs and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
4. Divide the asparagus onto each plate and top with the pancetta. Break the poached egg over the top, finish with a little olive oil.