On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Melting cheese and warm potatoes make this spring dish from The Vegetarian Society a veggie treat
Method1. Pre-heat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2. Parboil the potatoes for 15 minutes until slightly tender. Drain and cool for 5 minutes before putting in a roasting pan.
3. For the dressing: mix together all the dressing ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired, and pour half over the potatoes, mixing well.
4. Roast for about 25 minutes, until soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. Sprinkle the walnuts on a separate baking tray and dry roast for 3 - 4 minutes to intensify their flavour. Do not let them burn!
5. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus spears and discard. Steam the asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes (depending on size) until tender. Place in a dish and pour over the remaining dressing.
6. To assemble the salad: cover the base of a large, wide salad bowl with spinach leaves; sit the potatoes on top followed by the sliced goats' cheese (which will melt slightly), and then the asparagus. Finally sprinkle with the roasted walnuts and garnish with the radish slices.
© The Vegetarian Society – (recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school) www.vegsoc.org
- 700baby g new potatoes, cut in half if more than 4cms
- 25 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 16-24 asparagus
- 80 g young spinach
- 100 g soft goats cheese log or 75g vegan soft cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 large radishes, sliced
For the dressing