Mango with passion fruit cream
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 2 ripe Indian mango
For the syrup
For the passion fruit cream
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 passion fruit
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, or to taste
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the syrup: put the water, sugar, lime juice and lemongrass into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring a little to help the sugar dissolve. Boil for 7 minutes then leave the syrup to cool and the flavours to infuse for a good 40 minutes. Strain and add the lime zest.
2. For the passion fruit cream: whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold in the passion fruit pulp. Sweeten, to taste, with icing suagr.
3. Cut the 'cheeks' off the mangoes - you do this by cutting through the flesh, alongside the central stone, so that you are left with two rounded fleshy sides and a stone which still has quite a lot of fruit round it. Cut these into neat slices. Cut as much of the fruit from around the stone as you can. It isn't easy so keep any misshapen slices or squashed bits for something else (like a breakfast smoothie) or eat them (cook's perk).
4. Arrange the mango slices in a bowl and pour over the syrup. Serve with the passion fruit cream.