On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 11
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 12
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
For an indulgent brunch try Diana Henry's scented mangos with a lime and lemongrass syrup
Method1. For the syrup: put the water, sugar, lime juice and lemongrass into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring a little to help the sugar dissolve. Boil for 7 minutes then leave the syrup to cool and the flavours to infuse for a good 40 minutes. Strain and add the lime zest.
2. For the passion fruit cream: whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold in the passion fruit pulp. Sweeten, to taste, with icing suagr.
3. Cut the 'cheeks' off the mangoes - you do this by cutting through the flesh, alongside the central stone, so that you are left with two rounded fleshy sides and a stone which still has quite a lot of fruit round it. Cut these into neat slices. Cut as much of the fruit from around the stone as you can. It isn't easy so keep any misshapen slices or squashed bits for something else (like a breakfast smoothie) or eat them (cook's perk).
4. Arrange the mango slices in a bowl and pour over the syrup. Serve with the passion fruit cream.