Hot chocolate fondant with caramel oranges
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Michael Caines serves hot chocolate puddings with a molten middle, and caramelised orange segments to cut the richness
For the oranges in caramel
For the chocolate fondant
- 230 g dark chocolate
- 230 g unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 120 g plain flour
- icing sugar, for dusting
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the oranges in caramel: cook the sugar and glucose in a pan until a dark caramel brown. When this stage is reached, cool the bottom of the pan in cold water. Carefully add the butter and hot water, whisking until the caramel is dissolved. Add the orange segments, stir to coat and leave to cool.
2. For the chocolate fondant: put the butter and chocolate in a bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water. Remove from the heat and add the sugar to the melted chocolate, then whisk in the egg whites and fold in the flour. Leave to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge before use.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
4. Line 4 x 6.5cm metal rings with greaseproof paper and sit on a baking sheet. Spoon the chocolate fondant mixture into the rings. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes.
5. Carefully take the rings off the chocolate fondants and remove the greased proof paper. Using a palate knife, put the fondants onto the serving plates. Spoon the oranges in caramel around the plate and lightly dust the whole plate with icing sugar.