By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
For a traditional Scottish soup with smoked haddock and potatoes, try Matt Tebutt's simple and tasty recipe
- 750 ml full-fat milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 blade mace
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, with stalks
- 450 g undyed smoked haddock, sliced in half with the skin on
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- salt and black pepper
- 200 g Jersey Royal new potatoes, cooked and lightly mashed
- croutons, fried in olive oil and spread with wholegrain mustard and parsley leaves
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Warm the milk with the bay leaves, mace and parsley stalks.
2. Add the smoked haddock skin side up and simmer for 4-5 minutes until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a hot pan with a drop of oil, add the onion and sweat until soft but not coloured.
4. Remove the haddock and strain the cooking liquor. Flake the haddock and reserve.
5. Stir the strained cooking liquor together with the mashed Jersey Royals into a smooth consistency. Add the haddock and parsley leaves and season. Spread the croutons with a little of the mustard.
6. Pour the soup into a serving bowl and garnish with some of the croutons.