Apple and rhubarb crumble
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
For the filling
- 450 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 200 g rhubarb, sliced
- 1 knob butter, plus extra for greasing
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- splash cider brandy
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
For the topping
- double cream, or custard
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4 and grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
2. For the filling: put the apples and rhubarb in the ovenproof dish and dot with butter. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the fruit. Pour over a little cider brandy and sprinkle with grated fresh ginger (grate the ginger directly over the dish, if you like).
3. For the topping: put the butter, flour, ground ginger and half the sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Heap the crumble over the fruit and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top of the crumble is golden and crisp. Serve warm with double cream or custard.