On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Say it with Cake
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4 and grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
2. For the filling: put the apples and rhubarb in the ovenproof dish and dot with butter. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the fruit. Pour over a little cider brandy and sprinkle with grated fresh ginger (grate the ginger directly over the dish, if you like).
3. For the topping: put the butter, flour, ground ginger and half the sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Heap the crumble over the fruit and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top of the crumble is golden and crisp. Serve warm with double cream or custard.
For the filling
- 450 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 200 g rhubarb, sliced
- 1 knob butter, plus extra for greasing
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- splash cider brandy
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
For the topping
- double cream, or custard