On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers - Teatime Treats
- 20:30 - The Hairy Bakers - Pies and Pasties
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 3
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Serve Andrew Nutter's fresh scones with clotted cream and a dollop of lemon curd for a decadent double-citrus hit
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
2. Sift the flour and rub in the butter. Stir in the baking powder and sugar, then work in the milk, lemon zest and vanilla until the mixture comes together to form a firm dough.
3. Roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut into rounds and brush the tops lightly with egg yolk.
4. Put the scones on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of lemon curd and lashings of clotted cream.