On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Every Cake Tells a Story
- 20:30 - Choccywoccydoodah - Show Business
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - New York
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 20 mins to rest
- Cook time:
- 40 min
- Makes 1 loaf
Paul Hollywood's soda bread is a great demonstration of the simple art of baking
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6, and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and work in the butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Combine the mixture with your hands to make dough.
3. Flatten the dough out and cut a cross into the top, then place on the baking tray and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Dust the dough lightly with flour and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Soda Bread Recipes