On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Try Bill Granger's famous fluffy hotcakes with honeycomb butter melting over the top for the ultimate Sunday morning treat
For the honeycomb butter:
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g sugar honeycomb, (or a Crunchie bar), crushed with a rolling pin
- 2 tbsp honey
For the ricotta hotcakes:
- 340 g ricotta cheese
- 190 ml milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinches salt
- 50 g butter
- fresh strawberries, halved
- icing sugar, for dusting
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the honeycomb butter, put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Shape into a log on cling film, roll, seal and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. (Store any leftover honeycomb butter in the freezer - it's great on toast.)
2. For the ricotta hotcakes, mix the ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
3. Beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites through the ricotta batter in two batches, with a large metal spoon. (At this stage the batter can be stored for up to 24 hours, covered with cling film in the fridge.)
4. Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of the butter and drop 2 tablespoons of batter per hotcake into the pan (don't cook more than three per batch). Cook over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides. Turn and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. To serve, stack 3 hotcakes on a plate and top with strawberries and a slice of honeycomb butter. Dust with icing sugar.