On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes 6 burgers
Spiced onions and mushrooms give an intense savoury flavour to David Kennett's burgers
Method1. For the burgers: preheat the grill. Mix the beef with the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Bind the mixture with flour.
2. Shape into 6 thick patties and cook under the grill until cooked to your liking.
3. For the onions: heat the olive oil, vinegar and worcestershire sauce in a pan. Add the garlic and onions and fry until they start to caramelise.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook until slightly browned, then simmer for 2 minutes.
5. To serve: place the burgers in wholemeal or granary rolls and spoon the onions and mushrooms on top.
For the beef burgers
- 500 g prime minced beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- handfuls plain flour
For the special fried onions