On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 1
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 30 min
Jonathan Phang shares his family's version of Guyana's national dish
Method1. Heat the groundnut oil in a large pan and brown the meat and trotters in batches. Season with salt and pepper, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 hour.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, bring back to the boil and simmer for 1-2 hours, adding more water as necessary.
3. Serve with boiled white rice.