On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fruit
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Breakfast
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Stacha Palos demonstrates hER carnivore credentials with this fusion recipe for teriyaki T-bone served with tomato and avocado salad
Method1. Season the steak well with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until really hot and smoking. Press the steak onto the griddle pan and cook until the blood starts to rise to the surface, about 3-4 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side for around 2-3 minutes, adding a knob of butter to the steak whist cooking. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
2. For the teriyaki sauce, mix the wasabi and mustard in a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and mix thoroughly before throwing in the spring onions. This can be made and served straight away, or kept in the fridge for up to a month.
3. For the tomato and avocado salad, cut the tomatoes in half, or quarters if you feel they are too big, and throw them into a bowl. Cut the avocado in half, and using a knife, carefully bang the knife into the stone and twist out. Score the inside of the avocado with a knife and with a spoon simply scoop out into the bowl.
4. Now take a large salad server spoon and a fork, and into the spoon dollop the mustard and lots of salt and pepper, then pour in the balsamic vinegar and mix in the spoon. Next pour the olive oil into the spoon, and toss the whole lot together with the salad ingredients.
5. Serve the T-bone steak with the teriyaki sauce and the tomato and avocado salad.
- 1 x 450 g t-bone steaks
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tsp wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2-2 lemons, juice only
- 80 ml teriyaki sauce
- 3-4 spring onions, finely sliced
For the tomato and avocado salad