On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Topped with flaky puff pastry, Rachel Allen's rich creamy pie is the ideal way to use up all those Christmas turkey leftovers
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 230C/gas 8.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the meat, add the chopped onion, season with salt and pepper and sweat on a gently heat until the onions are softened.
3. Toss the sliced mushrooms in a little butter in a frying pan over a high heat until golden brown (you might need to do this in two batches).
4. Add the mushroom to the onions, together with the cream and stock and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer gently for several minutes until it starts to thicken, then season to taste.
5. Stir in the meat leftovers, then pour into a shallow baking dish. Cover with puff pastry, sealing the edges and making a small incision in the top to let steam escape.
6. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 200C/gas 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes.
7. When the pastry is golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving.