Chilli lime prawn burritos
By: From: Gino D'Acampo Returns to Mexico
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
Click on the arrows to view more photos
Submitted by: jeninbrighton
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- 4. Makes 8.
Gino D'Acampo fills warm tortillas with a fabulously tasty mixture of prawns, lime juice and zest, soured cream and crisp salad
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Use smoked chilli powder if you prefer a milder flavour.
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 limes, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g large prawns, peeled and veins removed
- 1 x 325 g packet (8) flour tortillas
- 1 heads lettuce
- 1 small carton soured cream
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunches coriander, chopped
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, sliced
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat a barbecue or grill to medium.
2. Combine the chilli powder, lime zest and juice, oil and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Split the mixture in half and place in two bowls.
3. Put the prawns into one bowl and stir to coat well with the mixture.
4. Thread the prawns onto 8 skewers and place on the barbecue or grill.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 7-8 minutes until cooked through.
6. Toss the cooked prawns in the remaining unused lime and seasoning mixture.
7. Warm the tortillas through on the barbecue or grill.
8. Top the tortillas with lettuce and prawns. Drizzle with soured cream and scatter over the onion, chopped coriander and peppers.
9. To serve, roll the tortillas up and tuck in one end.