Salmon with beetroot and cauliflower cream
By: From: James Martin Digs Deep
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
James Martin's colourful recipe pairs richly flavoured salmon with piquant marinated beetroot and luxurious cauliflower cream spiked with horseradish
- 4 beetroot, tops removed
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- clove garlic, finely chopped
- 45 ml balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml olive oil
- 10 g mixedsnipped chives, and chopped parsley
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into florets
- 150 ml double cream, whipped
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
For the salmon
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the cream: cook the beetroot whole in a pan of boiling water for about 20-30 minutes until cooked and tender. Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and place in a bowl.
2. Mix the shallots and garlic with the balsamic vinegar, oil and herbs and pour over the beetroot. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water until just cooked. Drain and plunge into iced water. Drain and set aside.
4. Combine the lemon juice and horseradish cream with the whipped cream and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the cauliflower.
5. To make the salmon: cut each fillet through the centre, but do not cut in half. Then fold the fillet outwards.
6. Heat a frying pan and when hot add the salmon with a the olive oil and butter and season with salt and pepper. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat, turn the fillets over and stand for 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
7. To serve: place a portion of cauliflower cream in the centre of the plate and spoon the marinated beetroot round the edge with some dressing. Place the salmon on top and sprinkle with the lemon juice.