On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Pies
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes about 24 gnocchi (8 servings)
James Martin's light choux pastry puffs are served with a tasty sauce and topped with luxurious salmon for an elegant meal
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. To make the gnocchi: heat the water, butter and salt in a pan until the butter has melted. Quickly stir in the flour and continue to cook and stir until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and starts to sizzle. Remove from the heat.
3. Place the mixture in a food processor with the cheese and blend until combined. Allow to cool then add the herbs, eggs mustard and garlic and process until a soft dough forms. Place the dough in a large piping bag.
4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and squeeze the dough into the water, cutting with scissors every 2.5cm. Poach for 2-3 minutes.
5. To make the sauce: heat the chicken stock in a medium pan and bring to the boil. Cook steadily for about five minutes, then add the runner beans, tomatoes and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the butter.
6. Coat the salmon in olive oil. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Cut into chunks.
7. Drain the gnocchi and stir into the sauce.
8. To serve: spoon the sauce and gnocchi onto a plate and top with the cooked salmon.
For the gnocchi
- 100 ml water
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g plain flour, sifted
- 55 g emmental cheese, or comté cheese, grated
- 1 tsp snipped chives
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
For the sauce
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 3 runner beans, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, and mixed parsley
- 15 g butter