Grilled bananas with rosemary, toffee sauce and instant ice cream
By: From: James Martin Digs Deep
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
For the grilled bananas
For the toffee sauce
- 150 g butter
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp black treacle
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 200 ml double cream
For the ice cream
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First freeze the bananas for the ice cream: peel the bananas for the ice cream, cut into chunks and freeze.
2. Preheat the barbecue or grill.
3. For the grilled bananas: insert a sharp knife in one end of each unpeeled banana and insert a rosemary sprig. Place the bananas onto the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the skin is dark brown and starting to split.
4. To make the toffee sauce: melt the butter, sugar, treacle, golden syrup and cream in a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
5. To make the ice cream: Place the frozen banana chunks into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla, sweetener and half the buttermilk and process for a few seconds. With the motor still running pour in the remaining buttermilk in a thin steady stream. Let the machine run until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. To serve: remove the rosemary from the bananas and cut them open, leaving the skin on. Put a good spoonful of toffee sauce and a scoop of the ice cream on top. Serve straight away.