On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
Method1. First freeze the bananas for the ice cream: peel the bananas for the ice cream, cut into chunks and freeze.
2. Preheat the barbecue or grill.
3. For the grilled bananas: insert a sharp knife in one end of each unpeeled banana and insert a rosemary sprig. Place the bananas onto the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the skin is dark brown and starting to split.
4. To make the toffee sauce: melt the butter, sugar, treacle, golden syrup and cream in a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
5. To make the ice cream: Place the frozen banana chunks into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla, sweetener and half the buttermilk and process for a few seconds. With the motor still running pour in the remaining buttermilk in a thin steady stream. Let the machine run until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. To serve: remove the rosemary from the bananas and cut them open, leaving the skin on. Put a good spoonful of toffee sauce and a scoop of the ice cream on top. Serve straight away.