On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Brooklyn
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Harlem and Connecticut
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and base-line and butter a deep 18cm cake tin. Melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water. Beat the butter and caster sugar until fluffy then stir in the eggs one by one. Fold in the flour, salt and the almonds, then once thoroughly combined, stir in most of the melted chocolate (you need to leave about 1 tablespoon to drizzle).
2. Tip into the prepared tin. Take 100g raspberries and poke these into the surface all over. Very gently smooth over with a spatula so the batter almost covers the berries. Do not worry if some poke out.
3. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, covering loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes. Test for readiness by inserting a wooden cocktail stick; it should come out clean.
4. Invert on to a wire rack to cool. Purée the remaining raspberries then push them through a sieve to eliminate the pips. Beat in the icing sugar until smooth. Once the cake is cool, spread the icing over the top. Re-melt the chocolate if necessary then drizzle over top in zigzags or straight lines.