On TV Tonight
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- 23:00 - Rick Stein's Memoirs of a Seafood Chef - Rick Stein's Memoirs of A Seafood Chef
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus soaking and chilling
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Atul Kochhar's exotic creamy rice dessert is fragranced with rose water and topped with pomegranate seeds and pistachios
Method1. Put the blanched almonds into a bowl; pour on the boiling water and leave to soak for 30-40 minutes.
2. Using a blender or mini-processor, whiz the almonds and water into a fine paste.
3. Strain through a sieve lined with a double layer of muslin into a bowl-squeezing the paste in the cloth to extract as much almond flavour as possible.
4. Mix the rice flour with the almond liquid until smooth and set aside.
5. Combine the milk, cream and sugar in a heavy-based pan and slowly bring to the boil.
6. Reduce the heat to a simmer and slowly pour in the almond and rice mixture, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Cook on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken and coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
7. Allow to cool completely and then pass through a fine sieve into a clean bowl.
8. Stir in the rose water, cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
9. To serve: spoon the mixture into chilled dessert cups. Halve the pomegranates and scoop out the fleshy seeds. Spoon on top of the desserts and sprinkle with chopped almonds and pistachios.