On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Traditional
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Power
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Makes 16
Oli Shute's gloriously rich, fudgy and densely chocolatey brownies make a tempting tea time treat or delectable dessert
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Line a 25cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and sift in the flour.
5. Stir gently but thoroughly until combined then stir in the vanilla and coffee.
6. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for about 20-30 minutes until firm - the centre should still be a little soft to the touch.
et at room temperature (do not put it in the fridge).
7. Once set, cut the fudge into small squares and store in a sealed container.
Looking for more inspiration? Have a look at our Best ever fudge recipes.