Goats' cheese parfait
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Richard Phillips serves up a delicious starter of creamy herbed goats' cheese with roast beetroot and pickled wild mushrooms
- 300 g goats' cheese
- 50 g pine kernels, toasted
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 180 ml double cream, semi-whipped
- 1 large beetroot
For the pickled mushrooms
- 600 ml water
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 100 ml honey
- 4 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 white peppercorns
- 150 g mixed wild mushrooms
For the garnish
- 1 duck egg, poached
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Blend the goats' cheese in a food processor with the pine nuts, herbs, garlic and honey.
3. Once blended, gently fold in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Roll the goats' cheese mix in cling film to create a barrel shape and pop it in the fridge until later.
4. Wrap the beetroot in tin foil and place in the oven for about 1 hour, until it's soft in the middle. Leave to cool, then peel and slice into 1/2 cm thick round pieces.
5. For the pickled mushrooms, place all the ingredients except the mushrooms in a pan and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes, then pour over the mixed wild mushrooms and reserve.
6. Slice the goats' cheese parfait into even slices, then layer up on a serving plate, alternating 3 pieces of beetroot with 2 pieces of goats' cheese. Place the poached duck egg on top, then garnish with picked chervil and the pickled wild mushrooms.