On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 24 hrs setting time
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes about 40 pieces
Merrilees Parker's pretty pink rose-scented cubes of Turkish Delight make a delectable treat and would make an ideal gift
- sunflower oil, or other neutral-tasting oil, for greasing
- 25 g powdered gelatine
- 255 ml water
- 4 tsp rose water
- 450 g caster sugar
- 3-4 drops red food colouring
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Lightly oil a 20x25cm baking tin.
2. Mix the gelatine, water and rose water in a large heavy-based pan and add the sugar.
3. Heat gently until the sugar and gelatine have dissolved, stirring continuously.
4. Bring to the boil without stirring.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat, stir in the food colouring and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour the mixture into the oiled tin and leave to set for 24 hours.
8. Cut into squares.
9. Mix the cornflour and icing sugar together and toss the Turkish Delight in the mixture.
10. Store in an airtight container, between layers of greaseproof paper.