On TV Tonight
- 20:20 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Baking It
- 21:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Posh Nosh
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 8 min
- Makes about 25
Rachel Allen's rich buttery lemon-scented biscuits are simply irresistible and so easy to make
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Put the flour and lemon rind into a mixing bowl and rub in the soft butter.
3. Add the caster sugar and bring the whole mixture together to form a stiff dough. Do not add any water, however tempting.
4. Roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
5. Place carefully on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 6-10 minutes until pale golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.