On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Jersey Shore
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Syracuse, New York
- 21:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, ME
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 2 hrs rising
- Cook time:
- 35 min
- Makes 1 x 250g loaf
Paul Hollywood's simple loaf is delicious and much tastier than shop bought bread
Method1. Grease a large loaf tin with butter
2. To make the wholemeal dough: mix the flours in a mixing bowl and add the salt, treacle, yeast and water.
3. Mix well to form a dough and tip onto a floured surface. Knead well for 5 minutes
4. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rest for 1 hour.
5. To make the white dough: repeat the above method for the white loaf ingredients.
6. Shape each piece of dough into a ball and place them at each ends of the loaf tin.
7. Leave in a warm place to rise for a further hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 8. Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden brown.