White and wholemeal split tin loaf
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 2 hrs rising
- Cook time:
- 35 min
- Makes 1 x 250g loaf
Paul Hollywood's simple loaf is delicious and much tastier than shop bought bread
For the wholemeal dough
For the white dough
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Grease a large loaf tin with butter
2. To make the wholemeal dough: mix the flours in a mixing bowl and add the salt, treacle, yeast and water.
3. Mix well to form a dough and tip onto a floured surface. Knead well for 5 minutes
4. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rest for 1 hour.
5. To make the white dough: repeat the above method for the white loaf ingredients.
6. Shape each piece of dough into a ball and place them at each ends of the loaf tin.
7. Leave in a warm place to rise for a further hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 8. Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden brown.