On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 1 hr, plus chilling time
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 20 min
Crisp teardrop shaped tuiles of cashews and potato form a stunning base for rich cheese-flavoured cream pudding and zingy sauce
Method1. To make the panna cotta, gently heat the cream and goats' milk in a saucepan. When hot, whisk in the soaked gelatine, then whisk in the goats' cheese until the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour mixture into 6 ramekin or dariole molds. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, start the biscuits. Preheat the oven to 125C.
4. Place the potato purée in a bowl and add the flour and egg whites, mixing well to form a paste. Stir in the cashews.
5. On a non-stick baking sheet, spread the biscuit mixture out with a palate knife to form 6 large teardrop shapes. Place in the oven and dry out the biscuits until they start to turn brown, around 20 minutes.
6. Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush each one with olive oil. Lift the biscuits from the baking sheet and set aside to cool over a couple of greased rolling pins.
7. To begin the sweet-and-sour tomatoes, place the peeled tomatoes in a large bowl with the shallot and chilli.
8. In a saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer. Add sugar and salt, and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
9. Sauté the garlic, ginger, cumin, and turmeric briefly in the olive oil to temper the spices. Stir them into the vinegar to make a dressing. Pour this over the tomatoes and allow to warm through.
10. To serve, unmold the panna cottas and roll them in the chopped chives. Place one on each biscuit, spoon the tomatoes around and serve.
For the panna cotta
- 500 ml double cream
- 200 ml goat's milk
- 6 tsp powdered vegetarian gelatine
- 250 g strong goats' cheese, finely grated
- 1 bunches chives, finely chopped
For the cashew biscuits
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked, pureed and cooled
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- tbsp cashew nuts, toasted, crushed
- olive oil, for brushing
For the sweet-and-sour tomatoes