Stuffed jalapeno chillies in yogurt
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Anjum Anand's fabulously spicy stuffed chillies are served with a delicious coconut yogurt sauce and spiced oil
- 8 jalapeño chillies
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 7 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp large fennel seeds
For the spiced oil
- sprigs coriander
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Blanch the chillies in boiling salted water for 2 minutes and then drain on kitchen paper.
2. Slit the chillies on the straightest side to make a pocket. Scoop out the seeds and membranes and discard.
3. Mix the mashed potato with the turmeric, half a teaspoon of cumin seeds and lemon juice.
4. Add salt to taste and stuff the chillies with enough mixture to fill them.
5. Whisk the water and coconut into the yogurt and season with salt.
6. Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and once they pop add the remaining cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
7. Cook for another 20 seconds and add the stuffed chillies to the pan.
8. Cook gently over a low heat for about 4-5 minutes until the chillies have softened but not lost their shape.
9. To make the spiced oil: heat the vegetable oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. As they pop add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. Cook for 20-30 seconds.
10. To serve: place the chillies on serving plates, pour over the yogurt mixture, then pour over the spiced oil. Garnish lightly with coriander.