On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 1
- 20:30 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 2
- 21:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 3
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 1 hr chilling
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Alan Coxon's deliciously spicy pork meatballs are served with a tasty piquant chilli dipping sauce
Method1. To make the pork balls: place all the ingredients for the pork balls except the egg white and cornflour, into a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the egg white and cornflour to bind.
3. Place in the fridge to firm for about 1 hour.
4. Divide the mixture into 24 equal-sized balls
5. Heat the chilli oil and olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
6. Add the pork balls and brown on all sides.
7. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 8-9 minutes until cooked through
8. Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
9. To make the dipping sauce: heat the chilli oil in a medium pan and add the onion.
10. Cook gently until soft and translucent.
11. Add the brown sugar and the chilli sauce and stir until the sugar has dissolved
12. Add the ketchup, rice vinegar and Nam Pla and heat through.
13. Leave to cool.
14. Serve the balls and sauce together with sweet and sour rice.
For the pork balls
- 500 g lean minced pork
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sticks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 green bird's eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 50 g onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50 ml chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- sweet and sour rice, to serve