Probably the best beef burger in the world
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Brian Turner uses tail beef fillet, chopped gherkins and cream to create a scrumptious burger truly worthy of its title
For the burgers
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 splashes olive oil
- 700 g tail beef fillet
- 4 tbsp gherkins
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- burger buns
- spicy and chunky tomato relishes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Sauté the chopped shallots quickly in the oil for less than a minute to take off the rawness. Allow to cool.
2. Mince the fillet of beef through the fine plate of a mincer into a bowl.
3. Add the shallots, chopped gherkins, cream, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce. Beat all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Using a little oil on your hands, shape the mixture into 4 even sized burgers, then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Preheat a barbecue grill and then cook the burgers medium rare, about 4 minutes on each side or to your liking.
6. Season well and serve in a burger bun with tomato relish.